top of page
So How Does
Tax Planning Help You?
Play Video to Learn More and click the Music Note below the Video to the right for sound.
Get started with a complimentary consultation
1. Marginal Tax Rate- Your tax rate based on your income.
2. Average Tax Rate- Helps us understand your overall tax picture, after all credits and deductions.
3. Carry Forward Losses- Losses carried forward to the future from stock sales. Planning opportunity.
4. IRMAA Surcharges- Surcharge based on income added to Medicare premiums.
5. Capital Gains- Long-term capital gains are taxed at preferential rate than ordinary income.
6. Qualified Dividends- Dividends taxed at capital gains rate than ordinary income.
7. Roth Conversion Opportunities- For tax-free income and no RMDs after age 72.
8. Itemized vs. Standard Deductions- Planning opportunity.
9. Net Investment Income (NII) Tax- Higher income individuals or couples are taxed at 3.3%. Planning opportunity.
10. Qualified Business Income- 20% tax deduction for pass-through businesses, for small business owners based on several requirements.
11. Phaseouts- 50 tax credits available but are subject to income phaseouts.
12. Review of credits and deductions- awareness of credits and deductions that may apply to you.
bottom of page